Friday, September 5, 2008

hospital Stay

As most of you know by now, I was in the hospital the first week of August. If you missed the broadcast of it, here is what was said,

"Hi everybody,

I just wanted to let you know that Jarrod is in the hospital in Knoxville.
He had a tachycardia on Monday and then another one on Tuesday early
morning. His heart rate was up to 206 and was up for about 32 hours
straight and they couldn't stop it. This is in addition to fever, aches and
throwing up over 24 hours straight.

After trying many medications, they did a last resort of shocking him to put
his rhythm back into place. That only lasted temporarily. Then that's when
they transferred him to the cardiac center at the hospital we are at in
Knoxville. They took him by ambulance.

They are changing medications to keep it consistent and not have it take off
again. At this point, we are waiting to see how the new medication works."

It was supposed to be a great week of vacation, but I guess it is never boring when you go somewhere with me; have to make those memories. Many asked why I waited so long to go to the ER, and all I can say is that I have not had the best experience with ER's. There is usually come quack Dr who thinks he can cure what 36 years of the world's best haven't been able to cure yet, or they look at me and think, "oh, textbook case".
But God was in control and gave me some great medical staff at the ER who actually listened to me and did what I asked and didn't try to cure me, but stabilize me. Then I was taken by ambulance to Knoxville, TN where I had some of the best care I have ever had in a long time; and believe me, I know hospitals.
I wanted to thank you all for your prayers and calls and those who came to visit me. It is greatly appreciated.


Looking to share a great testimony for God,
Pastor J

No comments: